A once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of Team Wales…
With just over 7 months to go until #B2022, we’re starting our search for a Team Wales House support team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Team Wales legacy and enhance the games experience of all involved in Team Wales from athletes to supporters.
COMMONWEALTH GAMES WALES
The Commonwealth Games is a multinational, multi-sport event. Held every four years, it involves the elite athletes of the Commonwealth of Nations.
Commonwealth Games Wales (CGW) is the organisation responsible for leading Commonwealth Sporting activity across all of Wales, with our key members being all the Welsh Sporting Governing Bodies. CGW is 1 of 72 Commonwealth organisations across the world, a member of the Commonwealth Games Federation whose mission is to ‘unite the Commonwealth through sport’.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to join Team Wales!
The Team Wales ‘House’ will be a venue open to family, supporters, athletes, support staff, and VIP guests during the games period in Birmingham. The TW support team will run and manage the ‘house’, creating a unique environment for visiting guests. Whilst the venues and villages are focused on optimising athlete performance, the Team Wales House is a key factor in delivering an inclusive and patriotic location where Team Wales members and supporters can relax and socialise in a safe environment. It’s vital to have the right workforce in place, a team who work well together and offer high-level service and support to Team Wales guests.
The successful candidates will be critical in the day to day running of the Team Wales House. Working together throughout the games period, team support will play a crucial role in ensuring an exceptional environment is delivered consistently for the team and wider guests.
Successful candidates should expect a very interesting and rewarding experience with varied and sometimes long working hours through the Games period.
Team Support at TWH will be responsible for delivering across several key areas. These include:
• Providing a professional and welcoming ‘front of house’ service
• Manage bookings and requests
• Managing the support team rota
• Create a positive and safe environment for Team Wales guests
• A strong and clear communicator
• Ability to motivate others
• Ability to adapt and respond to change effectively
• Ability to operate well under pressure
• Interest in Team Wales
• Welsh language desirable but not essential
• Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications close 5pm 18 February 2022
Team Wales support roles are voluntary. Expenses (travel, uniform, accommodation and meals) covered by Commonwealth Games Wales. Accommodation will be within or near Team Wales House.
• Application deadline February 18 2022 5pm
• Successful candidates must be available between July 28 – August 8 2022
• Candidates must be available for a number of days pre-games for planning sessions and workshops (virtual and in person)
• DBS check completed prior to the start of Games